I wasn't too happy with the previous chart (with a nod to zbicyclist). Here is another take on how 9-9-9 affects different households:
The challenge is how to convey the distributional effects of the tax plan in addition to its effect on averages. One can use expected values and do away with the distributional effects but doing that removes important information. The analysts show that in the top 20%, half of the households receive tax cuts while for the other 80%, at least 85% will see their taxes increased.
In the previous version, I group the data by quintiles (20% buckets); in this version, I group them by whether taxes went up or down.